What to Do with Old Bed Sheets: How to Recycle and Reuseby Angela Antrim
Finally, you upgraded to new luxurious sheets! But, those 500 thread count percale sheets or slightly worn flannel sheets with the polar bears don't deserve a trip to the garbage can.
You believe in fiscal responsibility and, of course, you care about the environment. But, your linen closet will barely hold another washcloth. So, what do you do with those extra sheets?
How to Use Your Old Sheets
Donating your used sheets may represent your initial thought when considering what to do with your gently worn linens. And, giving to those in need always represents a good option.
But, creative and economical ideas exist to turn your sheets into items that will save you time and money.
Check out these practical and fun ideas to transform your old sheets into something you'll use for months or years to come.
- Cleaning rags cut from percale cotton sheets make especially terrific cleaning rags, and those flannel sheets challenge those disposable dusting products for efficiency and represent a much better choice for the environment and your bank account.
- Old sheets make perfect drop cloths for painting and home décor projects as well as finger painting, playdough, and other creative activities.
- Protect your garden and balcony plants from frost with one of your old sheets, eliminating the need for extra tarps from the garden store. And, when you're done with the planting project, just shake out the sheet for the next time.
- Let the kids have a blast creating forts and teepees. You don't need to use your best luxury white sheets when the youngsters decide to get creative. Keep a couple of old sheets in the playroom and let them go crazy.
- Old sheets make excellent sleeping bag liners. Try using cotton for summer trips and flannel for fall excursions.
- Keep a sheet in your picnic basket for an emergency outdoor tablecloth. And, you don't need to go to a National Park. Sheets work great for dining or sunning in the back yard.
- Make safe and sturdy toys for your four-legged family members. No need for all those trips to the boutique pet store.
- In case you received an invitation to a toga or other costume party, an old sheet might get you the best costume award.
- And, for the creative types, why not make doll clothes with your sheets or curtains with the solid colored sheets?
What to Do with Old Pillowcases
Don't forget about those pillowcases! They represent another set of useful options to make your life easier.
Try out some of the ideas below:
- Clean your ceiling fans by place the pillowcase over each blade. Attach a pillowcase to a broom with a little dusting spray to capture those cobwebs.
- Wash your lingerie and stuffed animals inside a pillowcase when using the delicate cycle on your washing machine.
- Layer pillowcases on the kid's pillows for road trips. That way, when the top layer gets sticky from snacks, you just need to peel it off.
- Pillowcases represent a great way to store sweaters.
- Protect the backs of your dining room chairs with pillowcases, especially when serving younger diners.
- Pillowcases also represent a great way to keep matching bedding sets together or sets of towels for house guests.
- Check out the YouTube videos on creating tote bags with sheets and pillowcases.
You Deserve New Sheets!
Let's face it; you deserve new sheets. Most likely you don't want to iron those wrinkled cotton sheets, you don't want your exercise routine to include trying to get your fitted sheet on the corners, and you don't like penguins anymore.
Plus, the thread count and softness of your sheets will help you sleep better. Or, perhaps, you just redecorated your master bedroom.
And, of course, our easy-care comfortable sheets come in a wide array of colors and patterns to fit just about any décor. But, white sheets always offer an excellent option for a great look and a restful night's sleep.
So, enjoy your new sheets while at the same time making great use of the old ones, a win-win situation!
For more information on all things bed sheets, contact us here.
Quisque ut velit nibh. Integer sed velit sit amet massa lobortis tincidunt ac non tellus. Ut gravida quam vitae augue auctor varius.> All Author Posts
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.